We’re looking for our next rockstar OT to join the TPC family.
A bit about the job
You will work both independently and collaborate closely with your Team Leader to deliver client-centred care plans and treatment options. Your work will be varied and you will have plenty of autonomy to plan your day around your clients. You will treat many different conditions, with contributing co-morbidities, developing your skills and keeping you challenged every day. There’s no doubt you will meet lots of great people and develop relationships with some of the greatest storytellers you will EVER meet – our senior clients. But most importantly you will be helping our amazing seniors stay mobile, safe & happy everyday – improving lives is what we do!
We currently have a part time position available, 2 days per week at Bupa South Hobart.
We see seniors wherever they call home, this may be an Aged Care facility or within the Community.
Aged Care facility work:
- Assist with falls prevention
- Manage equipment prescription
- Manage Pressure area risk
- Lead Manual Handling Education
- Collaborate with residents/clients, their families, and the multidisciplinary team to develop treatment/care plans
- Manage your private client caseload with the help/support of your team leader
- Coordinate with the client and their family to help them achieve goals of maximising their independence and function in the aged care setting.
- Provide 1:1 Services
- Conduct exercise classes
- Conduct Chronic Pain management program (FYI – chronic pain programs require 3 resident treatments per hour).
Home Visits – anywhere our seniors call home:
- Conduct targeted treatment in areas such as stroke rehab, falls prevention or mobility retraining following a prolonged stay in the hospital.
- Involves traveling to anywhere a senior calls home
Interested? If you want to apply, please fill in the form at the bottom of this page. We’d love to get your application.
Skills needed to apply
- Physiotherapy degree
- Valid ‘Aged Care’ police check
- Valid drivers licence
- Registration with AHPRA
- Ability to build rapport with our clients and team
- Strong communication skills/high empathy
- Ability to have fun & be a part of a close knit family.
Benefits of joining the TPC Family
- We offer salary based packages (not commission based) and plenty of learning and development which includes:
- Amble shadowing and supervision (+ future PD)
- Provided with your very own team leader, who will support you every step of the way
- Daily huddle to connect and learn with the team
- An annual Full Day PD Conference with our whole team
- Multiple learning events per year
- Manual handling & Equipment training
- Subsidy support for external training that you choose to do.
- Subsidy support for devices
- We will bend over backward to get you working as close to home as possible.
- Our working hours are great too – TPC physio’s generally work within the span of 8:30am-5:30pm Monday to Friday – NO late nights, NO weekends, NO work on public holidays !!!
- Work for a company that cares and values you, as a person!
Don’t just take our word that this is a great place to work, watch our video now!
If you’re interested in working with the TPC team, please apply now by filling in the form below.
If you have a question, please call Jess on 1300 797 793 to have a chat or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Btw – Your application needs to answer the question: Which of TPC’s four core values do you like the best (and why!)
Have a great day.
PS – Want to know more about working at TPC? Check out our FAQs page.